Q: Is my family allowed to use the on-site Health Center?
Absolutely! Health Centers, located at most Alliance Coal locations, are available for employees and their family members. Some Health Centers feature a doctor or nurse, and others are staffed by a nurse practitioner (NP) who is fully licensed and qualified to provide similar services as a family doctor. From checkups and routine health care to treatment of injuries and chronic illnesses, the on-site Health Center is available for your whole family — with no office-visit copay!
Our services include:
- Annual HealthCheck for employees and spouses
- Physical exams and wellness care (including pap tests, sports/school exams, some immunizations, and screenings)
- Primary care for families and children
- Diagnosis and treatment of long-term health conditions
- Writing prescriptions and dispensing certain over-the-counter medications
- Coordination with hospitals and specialists